Business Development Manager (remote opportunity)
Hyatt Hotels Corporation seeks an enthusiastic Business Development Manager to join our Hyatt Sales Force. In this role, you will work closely with the Global Sales team to be the bridge between Hyatt's customers and the sales teams at hotels, continuing to make Hyatt a leading hospitality company. You'll be part of a team that is passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion, is committed to nurturing curiosity and new skills, and building connections across the organization with stakeholders, colleagues, and guests.
Who We Are
At Hyatt, we believe in the power of belonging and cultivating a culture of care where our colleague's become family. Since 1957, our colleagues and our guests have served as the heart of our business and made Hyatt one of the best hospitality brands in the world, with more than 1,100 hotel, all-inclusive, and wellness resort properties in 71 countries across six continents. As we continue to grow-we never lose sight of what's most important: People.
We are in a time of extraordinary transformation. Being a global leader in the hospitality industry, combined with returned enthusiasm for personal travel and the explosive growth of global business travel, has provided Hyatt with countless opportunities to expand, innovate, and change-and we are looking for passionate changemakers to be a part of this journey.
How We Care for Our People
At Hyatt, it all starts with people who care. Our purpose-we care for people so they can be their best-is rooted in everything we do. Caring for our colleagues, their well-being, and providing a space to feel welcomed and included is key to our success.
We're proud to offer exceptional corporate benefits which include:
- Annual allotment of free hotel stays at Hyatt hotels globally
- Flexible work schedule and location
- Work-life benefits including wellbeing initiatives such as a complimentary Headspace subscription, and a discount at the on-site fitness center
- A global family assistance policy with paid time off following the birth or adoption of a child as well as financial assistance for adoption
- Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company match
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Our success is underpinned by our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture and we are committed to diversity across the board-from who we hire and develop, organizations we support, and who we buy from and work with.
Being part of Hyatt means always having space to be you. Our global teams are a mosaic of cultures, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities and identities. We constantly strive to reflect the world we care for with teams that achieve and grow together. To learn more about our commitments to DE&I click here.
We are honored to have received recognition for creating an environment where our people belong and want to want to work:
- 100 Companies that Care - People
- Best Workplaces for Millennials - Fortune
- Best Companies for Women - Diversity Woman Magazine
- America's Best Employers for Diversity - Forbes
- 100 Best Companies to Work For - Fortune and Great Place to Work®
- Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality - Human Rights Campaign
Who You Are
As our ideal candidate, you understand the power and purpose of our Culture of Care and embody our core values: Empathy, Integrity, Respect, Inclusion, Experimentation, and Wellbeing. You enjoy working with a close fun team, are results driven, and want a variety of opportunities to develop personally and professionally. You are personable, detail-oriented and organized.
The position of Business Development Manager requires a very organized, detailed individual that has a desire to provide both short- and long-term impacts to all Hyatt Hotels Globally. The person must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
The Hyatt Sales Force Business Development Manager will be responsible for new business development which will include:
- Generating business for hotels by conducting direct sales efforts, follow-up, and proper sales administration
- This position will be focused on the greater DC Market
- Identifying group business should include (but not limited to) telephone prospecting, reviewing lost business opportunities from hotels, and utilizing market analytic tools
- Qualify and target accounts
- Customer relationships and problem solving
The Manager will also be responsible for managing small to mid-tier accounts. This business represents a significant revenue stream into Hyatt's portfolio and the Manager's role will be to focus on growing our overall share with these accounts. This manager will have ongoing customer communication and a heavy focus on developing these opportunities with small and medium enterprise organizations.
This is a remote opportunity, and individual must reside in the greater DC area.
Responsibilities also include:
- Negotiate competitive deals offering value to the customer while maintaining profitability to Hyatt.
- Manage Pharmaceutical/Life Sciences accounts.
- Strategically work with customers and hotels on how to find, place and execute this business.
- Crucial focus on short-term business, which is key to the success of our hotels and a large portion of this market.
- Sales Calls & Business travel including Group QBR's, Tradeshows, Fam Trips, and internal meetings where necessary.
- Orchestration of quarterly and annual account reviews for the Group Pharmaceutical/Life Sciences segment and market action plans as well as collaboration with Directors & Manages to drive production.
- Able to work independently and makes decisions based on established policies and procedures while sticking to budget.
- Actively research B2B opportunities in driving revenue, brand awareness and total account management.
- Provide feedback to Supervisors and our hotels on market conditions, forecasts, and recommendations.
- At least 5 years related industry experience.
- Has worked within hotel sales operations.
- Strong understanding of the meetings and events world and a network of contacts.
- 4-year degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Solid written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong client relationships
- Strong knowledge and command of CVENT/Lanyon & Envision are a plus
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Strong interpersonal skills and a can-do positive attitude
- Must be able to work remotely and independently
- Must be able work in a fast paced and very demanding market
- Must have the ability to get creative with customer engagement opportunities
- Must be very strategic when working with accounts
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Research shows that women, people of color and others who belong to historically - excluded groups tend to apply to jobs, only if they met all of the job qualifications. Unsure if you check every box, but feeling inspired to enhance your career? Apply. We'd love to consider your unique experiences and how you could make Hyatt even better.