General Manager, Airport Customer Experience
Requisition ID: 5241
American Airlines is a commercial airline providing passenger and cargo transportation throughout North America, Central America, South America, the Caribbean, Europe, and Asia. The following describes the essential job functions, job qualifications, traditional physical demands and other requirements of the job. While not an exhaustive description, it is intended to accurately reflect the current job. Management will modify the job or require other tasks be performed whenever it deems it appropriate to do so, observing, of course, any legal obligations including any collective bargaining obligations. Management will consider providing reasonable accommodations as necessary to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act or other applicable federal, state or local laws. Reasonable accommodations that facilitate successful performance of all essential job functions will not impact an individual's paygrade or level.
This department is a commercial airline operation at a large airport.
General Job Description
Responsible for day-to-day airport operations, including passenger and cargo operations, employee management, customer service, and relations with outside agencies.
Minimum Qualifications – Education & Prior Job Exp
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field or equivalent experience/training
- 6 years airline operations experience with 4 years in a supervisory or management capacity
- Extensive knowledge of airline/aviation industry
Preferred Qualifications – Education & Prior Job E
- Knowledge/experience managing operating budgets
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Skilled in providing analytical solutions to problems
- Successful completion of the Airport Manager Development Program
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA)
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges
- Must successfully complete comprehensive background and/or fingerprint checks to satisfy security requirements and subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing
- Demonstrated time-management skills with proven ability to handle multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Outstanding organizational abilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to effectively lead others
Language & Communication Skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees, both verbally and through writing, as well as with customers
Physical ability necessary to safely and successfully perform the essential functions of the position, with or without any legally required reasonably accommodations that do not pose an undue hardship. Note: If the Company has reason to question an employee's physical ability to safely and/or successfully perform the position's essential job functions, the HR team generally will engage in an interactive process to determine whether a reasonable accommodation is appropriate. HR (working with the operation) ordinarily first speaks with the employee directly and they mutually identify the physical demands of the job that are or may be impacted by the employee's obvious or known condition. Then, if necessary, HR would request medical documentation from the employee's treating physician or others to confirm the employee's ability to perform those essential job functions safely and successfully
Essential Job Functions
As noted above, this list is intended to accurately reflect the current job but there may be additional essential (and certainly non-essential job functions) that are not referenced. Management will modify the job or require other tasks be performed whenever it deems it appropriate to do so, observing, of course, any legal obligations including any collective bargaining obligations.
- Manages scheduled, off-scheduled and charter flight operations to meet performance goals, including management of critical situations and responding appropriately during emergency situations
- Directs and monitors procedures to ensure the safe and efficient movement (departures and arrivals) of aircraft
- Builds effective alliances and partnerships with internal and external constituents, including collective bargaining units
- Ensures Company standards of safety and quality are maintained at all times, fostering continuous improvement and achieving business objectives
- Promotes a socially responsible and ethical culture in the workplace that stimulates a productive workforce
- Coordinates activities within communities we serve, as well as with regulatory agencies and other airport or tour operators
- Evaluates, identifies, and recommends process improvement changes for a dynamic operational environment
- Oversees, monitors, and controls budget and overall financial administration
- Leads, motivates, and develops employees to perform in a safe, efficient, productive, professional manner and deliver superior customer service
- Assumes responsibility for employee management, including hiring, conducting performance reviews, administering corrective action, salary administration, training, and career development
Additional Locations: Waco, TX
Requisition ID: 5241