Specialty Development Executive (Genetics and Women's Health) (IVF/Donor)
Recognized as one of Forbes 2021 World’s Best Employers and named to Fast Company magazine’s list of 2021 Most Innovative Companies, Laboratory Corporation of America (Labcorp) is seeking to hire a Specialty Development Executive (SDE) to help identify and shape opportunities for our continued growth across our Genetics and Women’s Health segment.
This is a unique opportunity to join the Genetics and Women’s Health sales team of a leading global life sciences company that advances patient health and powers clear, confident decisions through its diagnostics and drug development offerings.
This position reports to the Regional Director, and will be responsible for effectively communicating and selling the benefits of the Labcorp Genetics and Women's Health commercial products to clinicians and department personnel for their assigned geographic territory. The SDE provides direct sales and services primarily to IVF Clinics, Reproductive Endocrinologists, Gamete Donor banks, Regional reference laboratories and hospitals. This is a true hunter role, and the candidate is expected to prospect, develop and close his or her own sales targets on a monthly basis.
We are seeking an individual with competitive and collaborative sales skills, with a high degree of communication and business acumen skills who enjoys growing and working with a seasoned, high performing team across a wide variety of high growth segments.
This position will work primarily remotely with some occasional in office physician meetings. This position will call-on physicians in person when appropriate, and will require regular travel approximately 50% within the assigned territory.
The geographic territory for this position will cover our North Central region.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Sell laboratory testing services to professionals within the Genetics and Women’s Healthcare space, including IVF Clinics, Reproductive Endocrinologists, Gamete Donor banks, Regional Reference Labs and Hospitals
- Meet and exceed sales goals and achieve maximum sales growth in assigned territory
- Successfully build and execute an annual business plan with quarterly updates
- Cold call and build a sales pipeline that will provide ongoing revenue goal achievement
- Accurately forecast and maintain a sales funnel of new opportunities in-line with a 90-day quota
- Effectively manage travel logistics to maximize sales productivity
- Collaborate, communicate and actively contribute to new business opportunities with LabCorp Clinical Sales counterparts
- Collaborate closely with team members to retain current book of business
- Attend local and national professional trade shows and events as requested
- Effectively communicate value propositions to all targeted customers and prospects
- Perform in-services, training and implementation with pertinent personnel and physician staff
- Update all relevant customer account information into CRM Data Management Systems (Salesforce)
- Provide ongoing customer support, education on focus products and market updates for current customer base
This is your opportunity to join an organization known for advanced testing, with a solid reputation as a front-runner in the diagnostics industry. We're a stimulating company that consistently develops new testing across many specialties. Here you can leverage your connections and tap into the potential of new Labcorp customers to generate new business. You'll find a rewarding role fueled by your persistence; allowing you to make a difference in people's lives, including your own.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred. Science background highly desired
- Minimum of 5 years' medical outside sales experience required
- Previous experience selling directly to Physicians required
- Women's healthcare experience and relationships with IVF clinics, Reproductive Endocrinologists, Gamete Donor banks, hospital systems and regional reference labs highly preferred
- Previous laboratory or diagnostics sales experience highly preferred
- Medical device sales experience and business-to-business experience preferred
- Proven success managing a book of business
- Ability to collaborate closely with sales and operations teams to grow the business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of recent success and sales accomplishments
- Strong consultative selling and closing skills
- Ability to understand and articulate complex scientific literature and use extensive and complex clinical data as a key factor in the sales process
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to travel up to 50% including overnights
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.
Similar jobs near me
- Operations Consultant: The Key to Sustainable Growth in Today's Business World
- Responsibilities of a Business Operations Specialist
- Business Operations Specialists: Understanding Who Are They
- Obligatory Steps to Become a Business Operations Specialist
- Does a Business Operations Specialist Make Much Money?